Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Tough Guys Wear Pink

So, today I went to visit "my kids", or should I say the students I work with? Nope, their my kids. I went to spend lunch with them. Of course during this time, I do not get to eat, but instead I get to take in some of my most favorite times in ministry - watching kids be kids. Well, today was an extra special day...

I have to design a T-shirt for our WyldLife group and I decided to get the kids' opinions on what kind of shirt we should have. So... I asked the 6th grade girls in first lunch. "PINK!!" they squealed. I'm not kidding either when I tell you that not a single one wasn't already wearing a pink shirt or jacket or Coach wristlet. "Pink?" I'm thinking, "What middle school boy is going to wear a pink t-shirt?" So... I walked over to a table full of 6th grade guys I've never met and I asked them, "Would you wear a pink T-shirt?" And no joke, 8 heads paused and then spoken out in unison, "Heck yes I'd wear a pink shirt."

It was the funniest conversation I've had with boys in my life - each and every lunch period I would ask a few tables full of guys and every single one of them said they would buy and wear a pink shirt. What made the day even better is that they want a Liger on the front... so here's what I'm thinking for our WyldLife t-shirts... let me know your size if you want one....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, January 22, 2005, Blogger Jamie said…

    Nice t-shirts...I wonder if my kids would wear pink? I wear a L or XL if you have any left! Ha! Have a great day! Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home