Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

24 - New meaning to the word OLD

So, I guess I really am 24 years old now. It's official. But I really don't feel like I'm 24. When my mom was my age, she was carrying around a set of one year old twins, working full-time and caring for her husband. How different is that from my life right now?

Sure, I live with a newborn, but he's not mine and when he cries, I can give him back to his mom. When he poops, I don't have to clean it up. I have no husband that I am caring for, no house payments. I still think that if you are 24, you should have these things - major responsibilities. When you make decisions, other people are affected by them. But I really don't have to think about that. If I want to pick up and go to St. Louis, I can. If I want to meet some friends for lunch, I can. If I want to sleep in all day on Saturday, I can.

I just don't feel like I'm 24. I look at my students and they hear that I'm 24 now and they say - "You're OLD!!" But I'm really not. God certainly had a different plan for my time than he did for my mother's. Actually now that I think about it, when my grandmother was 24, she had an 8 year old running around believe it or not. I can't even imagine.

I am glad to be in the position I am. I would have thought a long time ago that I'd be married by now and working on kids, but obviously God had other plans for me. It's a blessing and a struggle at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home