Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

My name

I'm not sure what it is with guys and my name. Granted, I have a great name, I must admit, I think my parents did a great job. But is it something about my personality or use of sarcasm that entices guys to alter my name in some way?

For example, a bunch of guys at work call me Apellegrino, or more like "Apellegrrrreeeennno." Which is always very funny and I greatly appreciate it, but they hadn't even met when they started calling me that. Then of course there are the other guys who call me "KP," which is great too. I've come to like it myself. Ever since I was in college guys have been continually changing my name into something other than what it is.

In fact, it happened again today when I called a local youth minister here in Plano, whom I have never met by the way, and he's already making tactical and funny sarcastic plugs in our communications, and by the end of our phone conversation today (maybe 5 minutes) was already calling me "Kimi P." Sure it's my name... but is there something wrong/difficult with just Kimi? Like I said, I'm not complaining. Some of these guys are great buddies of mine. I guess the classic name transformation is when they say "Kimi" like "Kenny" from Southpark. I hadn't known all throughout my three years at college that it was actually from Southpark. I just thought some guy made it up and everyone caught on, until I moved to Dallas and they started it all over again.

I've become very accustomed to my name and it's fun because I rarely even answer to Kim anymore. But I am curious if there are some guys out there who might explain it to me why my name is so easy to make into whatever. And what does it usually mean when guys do that? Is it because my name is good to change or is it because of some kind of personality trait that I have that guys do this? I'm also curious what other names are out there for me. I think those are my favorites.

Curious to hear a guy's perspective (or a girl if you've got knowledge of it.) Thanks,
Kimberly Autumn Pellegrino

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home