Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, March 21, 2005

So About Club last Friday

Well, we had 40 kids there, which was a lot of fun. Considering there are only two of us doing any kind of contact work, that's pretty good. I would seriously in a ditch somewhere if it weren't for my leader Brian. He's been so great for our ministry here in West Plano. Pray that God blesses him for it.

Nine out of those 40 kids were new - which was amazing! Who knows really where they came from. But we had a great time with them. My talk went pretty well. I started out talking about Laura and our friendship. Then I described how she died and the things I tried to do to stop it. I related that to how there was nothing I could do to save my friend, much like there is nothing we can do to get rid of sin - how it's a disease that has made a barrier between us and God. Then I spoke briefly about it was only by what Christ has done for us that we can even step foot in His presence.

The cool thing about it was that I knew a couple of kids would hit home with this message. Two of my "regulars" have lost a parent in the last couple of years. But one I didn't know about - great kid - comes up to me afterwards and says, "Kimi, I know how you feel." (Staring down at his feet. So I put my hand on his shoulder and knocked foreheads with him and asked what happened.) He told me his uncle died a couple of years ago and he just wanted to tell me that he knew how I felt that day. How cool was that? 8th grade kid, wants to comfort me.

I love my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home