Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Procrastination Brings Healing

I am sure there are many people out there who understand the need for procrastination (college students, youth ministers, etc.). Procrastination actually provides a little time for healing for me.

For example, the other night, I probably spent 2.5 hours playing a stupid Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game on my "little bro's" Game Boy. He is always impressed to see that I've made it to the next level and always wants to know how I did that. But he doesn't get it, he's only 5 (almost 6). So, I'm trying to be cool for him, but yet, playing this stupid game for a couple of hours was actually restful for me instead of constantly going, going, going.

Like I said before, a youth minister's job is never done. I can't just shut off when I go home. But doing mindless things like slaying giant dinosaurs with horns and capturing blue crystals somehow bring healing to me. I'm the overachiever who always has to accomplish something, even if it is figuring out how to beat a child's video game. Mindless. Mostly pointless. But healing none the less.

Of course, it probably adds to it the next day when I don't have anything done. Oh well. I'll never get it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home