Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

There's a New Man in My Life

As most single women my age have to suffer through, my mom wanted to introduce me to this guy she met from church. He was the son of friend at church. My mom emails me about him, then she gives him my website, a funny story plays out, Scott and I hit it off. (See post dated February 8, 2005.) You might think that the story would not go much farther, that it might not get even more interesting. Oh, but I have a feeling it's just the beginning.

Girl talks to boy over email, then he calls. He was lucky - she answered. Boy stumbles over his words. Boy makes girl laugh. Boy calls again. Boy still can't think of words. Boy wants to meet girl. Girl refuses to go to Colorado - forces boy to come to Dallas. He realizes she's worth it - He drives to Texas.

And so I had a "guest" last weekend. This guy my mom loves (whom I think secretly is plotting to marry us so that I will move back to Colorado), came down to visit me over Easter weekend. We talked pretty regularly over the phone since the day he first called. I wasn't really expecting anything to come out of this random email my mom sent me that fine Monday. But I just had a wonderful weekend with a guy I met for the first time on Friday. It was a fantasaical weekend, if that is even a word (not like fantastic, but like fantasy). True Love at first sight? I guess you'll never know Mom! :)

But the even funnier thing about the whole situation is that Scott and I's moms are friends - and they are talking to each other! Who knows exactly what they are talking about, but being in Dallas, I have no say in the matter and can't do much about it. And Scott is just loving it!

Blessings come in strange packages I guess. I'm overwhelmed at the one I've received. It's like you get one box opened and there is another whole surprise to open inside.

This relationship could turn out to be really great - and I will thank my mom and give her credit if that is the case. But if not, you can't blame me Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home